Worksystems is seeking a creative and dynamic communications professional to help us tell our story!
Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington Counties and the City of Portland whose mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness. We play a critical role in helping job seekers get the training and support they need to get a good job or advance in their career. This is an exciting opportunity for a communications professional to be part of an organization that is making a difference in the community.
We offer excellent compensation and a full suite of benefits including a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with up to a 6% employer match, very generous PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD/LTD, annual Tri-met pass and much more! Worksystems provides a friendly, diverse, and highly collaborative work environment with a beautiful downtown Portland office location. We have a hybrid work model that allows for a mix of in-office and remote work options.
Join our team! Make a difference!
We are looking for someone who can translate the complexity of our work into key messages that demonstrate our value, promote our positive community impact, and describe the successes of program participants through a variety of communications channels including collateral, website/social media, videos, news outlets, public events and stakeholder outreach. The position will help develop and implement community relations strategies and assist with promoting our Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion efforts and progress.
The successful candidate will be able to show a demonstrated ability to:
- Develop and implement community relations and communication strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the media, coordinate media inquiries and write/issue press releases and op-eds.
- Develop talking points to convey key messages to a variety of stakeholders.
- Develop (or oversees the development of) collateral and outreach material.
- Create (or oversee the creation of) infographics and other graphic design pieces.
- Create PowerPoint and Prezi presentations.
- Generate success stories, videos, and testimonials.
- Assist with layout, graphic design and content editing/proof reading.
- Organize, support and coordinate public events and meetings.
- Manage and develop continual content for website and social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
See the job description below for a full list of duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
NOTE: Worksystems is a federal/state contractor. As such, we are subject to vaccine mandate(s) and follow the CDC guidelines for public health emergencies. Proof of being fully vaccinated is a requirement of employment.
Click here to apply. Community Relations & Communications Manager. Salary range is $60,000 - $90,000.
Please include resume, cover letter and three professional references. First review of resumes will be August 15, 2022. Position open until filled. Hybrid work location - Must live in the state of Oregon or Washington.
Worksystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.