Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington Counties and the City of Portland whose mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness. We offer excellent compensation and benefits and an innovative work environment.
Join Worksystems and make a difference in your community!
We are recruiting for the key position of Senior Project Manager to join our team. The position will project manage a variety of workforce development programs and grants to include contract management, budget development and management, stakeholder engagement, program monitoring, data analysis and funder reporting. There are five WorkSource Centers in the Washington and Multnomah County region that are staffed by Worksystems’ contracted service providers, the Oregon Employment Department, and other onsite partners. Familiarity and experience with Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Federal grant management, post-secondary education programs, program alignment and capacity building across multiple organizations, staff training development and delivery are preferred. The Senior Project Manager will also manage contracts in the community-based service provider system which address populations with particular barriers to employment such as those in re-entry to the community, recovery, housing-insecure folks and communities of color disproportionately impacted by job loss and income insufficiency.
Additionally, we are looking for a candidate who can improve the use of technology to automate processes. Strong project management, communication and program development skills are required. Qualities that lead to success in this role include ability to work autonomously; self-starting with intrinsic motivation; and curiosity about data and outcomes.
The successful candidate will be able to show a demonstrated ability to:
- Exhibit a strategic and integrative approach to managing multiple projects, including budget planning and variance reporting
- Interpret, communicate, and implement complex policy and regulatory guidelines
- Develop and manage systemic approaches to the delivery of workforce development services addressing continuous improvement needs and emerging priorities simultaneously
- Manage relationships with diverse stakeholders including community contractors, partnering agencies, and employers; each with unique interests and motivations
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Understand “big picture” concepts and commitments while maintaining strong attention to detail and accountability
- Develop and deliver effective technology-supported routines and tools that address eligibility requirements, data entry errors due to multiple databases, grant performance management and tracking, and workforce program standard operating procedures.
- Build working relationships in both virtual and in-person settings, as needed
- Be detail oriented, have logical thinking, good organizational skills and a passion for learning.
NOTE: Due to COVID, we are currently working from home. Worksystems is a federal/state contractor. As such, we are subject to vaccine mandate(s) and follow the CDC guidelines for public health emergencies. Proof of being fully vaccinated or an approved medical/religious exemption is a requirement of employment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Worksystems, Attn: Human Resources, 1618 SW 1st Ave, Suite 450 Portland, OR 97201, or e-mail to email@example.com. See below for a full job description.
Position is open until filled. First review of resumes is November 12, 2021. Salary Range: $66k – $99k.