Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington Counties and the City of Portland whose mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness.
We offer excellent compensation and a full suite of benefits including a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with up to a 6% employer match, very generous PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD/LTD, annual Tri-met pass and much more! Worksystems provides a friendly, diverse, and highly collaborative work environment with a beautiful downtown Portland office location. We have a hybrid work model that allows for a mix of in-office and remote work options.
Join Worksystems and make a difference in our community!
We are recruiting for the key position of Senior Project Manager to support the development of pre-hire training programs. The position will be responsible for working with businesses across a variety of sectors to develop pre-hire training programs for workforce system job seekers. Familiarity and experience with Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Federal grant management, post-secondary education programs, curriculum development, workforce program design, economic development, program alignment and capacity building across multiple organizations, and job development strategies are preferred.
We are looking for a candidate who can work with an individual business or multiple businesses within the same industry to develop training programs to meet occupational skill requirements. When developing these programs our goal is to rapidly skill-up unemployed individuals and move them into employment with business partners. Successful candidates will be adept at understanding and supporting business needs while also meeting the job placement and industry intelligence needs of workforce system program staff working to connect job seeking customers with quality jobs. Strong project management, communication and program development skills are required.
The successful candidate will be able to show a demonstrated ability to:
- Engage with businesses using a consultative approach.
- Identify and document occupation specific skill requirements.
- Work with training providers to customize training content to business needs.
- Develop program recruitment strategies to connect workforce system job seekers to pre-hire training.
- Develop program assessment processes to ensure success in training and ability to obtain post-training employment.
- Exhibit a strategic and integrative approach to managing multiple programs.
- Interpret, communicate, and implement complex policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Develop and manage systemic approaches to the delivery of workforce development services.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including community contractors, training providers, partnering agencies, and employers.
NOTE: Worksystems is a federal/state contractor. As such, we are subject to vaccine mandate(s) and follow the CDC guidelines for public health emergencies. Proof of being fully vaccinated in a requirement of employment.
Click here to apply. Sr. Project Mngr. for Training Development. Salary range is $66,000 - $99,000.
Please include resume, cover letter and three professional references. First review of resumes will be May 31, 2022. Position open until filled. Hybrid work location - Must live in the state of Oregon or Washington.
Worksystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.