Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington counties and the City of Portland. Our mission is to build an invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness.
Join Worksystems and make a difference in our community!
We offer excellent compensation and a full suite of benefits including a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with up to a 6% employer match, very generous PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD/LTD, annual Tri-met pass and much more! Worksystems provides a friendly, diverse, and highly collaborative work environment with a beautiful downtown Portland office location. We have a hybrid work model that allows for a mix of in-office and remote work options.
The Workforce Investment Manager leads the employer engagement portfolio on behalf of jobseekers served by services at a wide variety of community partners. Employer engagement includes projects such as skills mapping for low-barrier/high-demand career track employment opportunities, recruiter activation with graduates of cohort trainings, and oversight of teams of staff and industry leaders focused on workforce plans and initiatives.
Successful candidates will show a demonstrated ability to:
- Articulate the business case for inclusion of historically underserved jobseekers in local employers' initiatives
- Lead and manage multiple people and complex projects
- Interpret, communicate and implement policy and regulatory guidelines
- Develop relationships with employers that are based on meeting their workforce needs with jobseekers in Worksystems' programs
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including community contractors, partners, and employers
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Be visionary and understand "big picture" concepts while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Bachelors' degree in related field preferred, will consider substantial work experience in lieu of degree
- 5 or more years of experience managing programs and ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of management, leadership, team development and planning skills
- Demonstrated successful experience implementing programs in the fields of education, training and/or workforce development
- Strong communications skills are required including facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, writing and giving public presentations
NOTE: Worksystems is a federal/state contractor. As such, we are subject to vaccine mandate(s) and follow the CDC guidelines for public health emergencies. Proof of being fully vaccinated in a requirement of employment.
Click here to apply. Workforce Investment Manager. Salary range is $77,000 - $115,000.
Please include resume and cover letter. First review of resumes will be May 25, 2022. Position open until filled. Hybrid work location - Must live in the state of Oregon or Washington.
Worksystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.