Worksystems is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving Multnomah and Washington Counties and the City of Portland whose mission is to build and invest in a comprehensive workforce development system that supports individual prosperity and business competitiveness.
About the Position:
The Senior Project Manager (Early Childhood Education Lead) sits on the Business Services team in the Programs department and reports directly to the Business Services Program Manager. This employee will work closely with other SPMs as well as cross-functional peers. Additionally, this role will require the employee to build new relationships with regional and statewide industry partners.
This is a new position at Worksystems, as a result of new funding related to workforce development for “Early Childhood Education” (ECE). This employee will have the unique opportunity to represent Worksystems in workgroups and coalitions that are being called together to address workforce needs in response to recent Preschool for All funding. The successful candidate will be passionate about creating pathways to quality jobs in this incredibly valuable sector.
- Engage with regional and statewide industry partners to build out the ECE sector.
- Align workforce system programs with the needs of ECE providers and businesses.
- Build new relationships with key stakeholders as a representative of Worksystems.
- Develop and manage systemic approaches to the delivery of workforce development services.
- Effectively manage multiple initiatives and experience overseeing grant-funded and contracted deliverables.
- Effectively facilitate groups with multiple stakeholders and interests.
- Champion workforce system programs and job seekers to hiring businesses and registered apprenticeship programs.
- Exhibit a strategic and integrative approach to managing multiple programs.
- Interpret, communicate, and implement complex policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Apply an equity lens to identify and develop solutions to disparities in job sectors, including providing research on relevant regulatory, and wage and hour standards for key employment sectors.
- Integrate a Quality Jobs framework with all industry engagement and workforce program development.
What You Can Expect to Accomplish in the First 6 Months:
- Learn the ins and outs of the Worksystems’ operating procedures, funding structures, and networks.
- Participate as a representative in other regional and statewide policy initiatives related to the success of building out the ECE sector.
- Become an expert in the ECE sector, with a clear understanding of employer and workforce needs.
- Manage obligations and requirements under the new ECE grant.
- Build a pipeline of professionals to enter this industry by partnering with community organizations and other partners to facilitate training pathways.
- Strong project management skills and ability to set reasonably achievable deadlines, or adapt as needed when deadlines change,
- Experience managing grants, with the ability to communicate those obligations clearly to partners.
- Proactive approach to relationship-building and stakeholder engagement.
- Prior knowledge of and/or experience in economic development, data analysis, program alignment and capacity building across multiple organizations, and equitable workforce development strategies are required.
- Have a deep understanding of the Early Learning sector, including new regulations and legislation.
- Familiarity and experience with Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Federal and local grant management, and post-secondary education programs are also preferred.
- Adept at understanding and supporting ECE industry needs and communicating those needs to best connect the community with quality jobs.
- Ability to build data-informed policy and strategy.
- Have a strong familiarity with racial equity, history and current conditions affecting diverse communities.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365, Zoom, and Project Management programs such as Asana.
*A note on qualifications: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Mostly sedentary work; using standard office equipment including: a computer, keyboard, and telephone.
- Work environment: flexible, with options to work from home, from the office, or in a hybrid setting. Employees may be asked to attend in-person meetings or spend a day at the office on an occasional basis.
- Position requires some local travel within the Portland Metro area to partner sites.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request accommodation please email: email@example.com.
Note: Worksystems employees must live in the state of Oregon or Washington for payroll processing purposes. Although we operate in a hybrid work environment, proximity to the Portland Metro Area is needed for this role. Employees may have to attend in-person meetings in the Portland Metro Area. Sometimes with same-day notice.
Salary & Benefits:
- Expected Starting Salary Range: $80,000 – $95,000
- Salary Grade: E5 Full Range: $76,320 – $114,480
- Medical (including vision) and dental plans with employer contribution toward monthly premiums.
- 401k plan with up to 6% match, 100% vested at the time of enrollment.
- Generous PTO
- 4 hours of Volunteer Leave per month
- 8 free sessions with mental health providers, unlimited free financial coaching, and 25% legal discounts through Canopy EAP
To Apply: Click on the link below, answer the required questions in the application, and submit a resume. First review of resumes will be 11/27/2023. Position open until filled.
Link to Application – https://worksystems.bamboohr.com/careers/39?source=aWQ9MzQ%3D