The Northwest Economic Research Center (NERC) is proud to present the second annual Portland MSA Economic and Population Outlook!
After hearing from NERC director and former state economist Dr. Tom Potiowsky about what the future holds for our local metropolitan statistical area (MSA), panels with expert moderators and discussants will further explore the population and employment outlook and current topics in housing. Additionally, Economist Josh Lehner from the Oregon Office of Economic Analysis will offer a featured presentation on the unique economic and demographic headwinds faced by the Portland MSA.
Speakers, moderators, and discussants include:
- Suzanna Stevens, Editor of Portland Business Journal
- Amelia Templeton, Contributor at Oregon Public Broadcasting
- Josh Lehner, Economist at State of Oregon
- Robert Liberty, Director of Institute for Sustainable Solutions
- Amy Vander Vliet, Regional Economist for the Oregon Employment Department
- Cynthia Parker, President and CEO of BRIDGE Housing
- Elizabeth Davis, Director at Institutional Property Advisors of Marcus & Millichap
- Paul Warner, former Legislative Revenue Officer
Doors open at 7am for breakfast, and the event will formally kick off at 7:45am